I’m somewhat of a travel instigator. This trip is no exception… and luckily for me I have a companion willing to consider my crazy ideas.
A Colorado girl at heart, I happily return each time to my beloved Denver, with her eclectic downtown and vast backyard of mountains… not to mention that my amazing family resides in the state.
Here are some random Q’s from the internet (thank you Paul for the idea)… a little more info about me… probably more than you care to know :)
- If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us? Anything from Jacques Pepin’s repertoire. Seriously. Good. Food. Broiled Lamb Chops with Spinach or Scallops Grenobloise are a few of my favs. Added bonus is that 90% of his recipes are paleo, or easily peleoable… I just made that word up and it has way to many vowels touching.
- What kitchen utensil would you be? A knife. There is nothing more satisfying than chopping veggies with a super sharp knife… chopping onions with a dull knife, however is one of the most excruciating duties one can perform… I tear up just thinking about that.
- What would I find in your refrigerator right now? Vegetables that I bought intending to consume daily, but instead the week got away from me yet again. Oh, and 15 kinds of mustard. Not sure how that happened.
- What is your favorite form of exercise? CrossFit, specifically back squats. Christine and Aleks call me an ant… which makes me kinda proud :)
- If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for? Field day for adults. Thinking about it, that’s kind of what Crossfit competitions are like. Field day for super-fit adults.
If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? The morning view of downtown from the Millennium Bridge. The early morning sun is soft and warm, creating long stark shadows, yet the air is crisp and new. Below is a picture of the Millennium Bridge from our balcony.
- If aliens landed in front of you and, in exchange for anything you desire, offered you any position on their planet, what would you want? I’d send Paul… he wants to colonize a new planet.
- If you had only six months left to live, what would you do with the time? Exactly what I’m doing, only I’d make sure our family joined us.
You’re a new addition to the crayon box, what color would you be and why? Before all the rage over 2013’s PANTONE color of the year “Emerald 17-5641”, also called aquamarine, seafoam green, turquoise, bla be de bla… I bought an adorably cute scooter in this color family because, as my sister will attest, I have a slight obsession. I would call my color Havana Mint.
- If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be? I would be a dead tree because I work in a cubicle and there is no sunlight. A Christmas tree is the only worthwhile dead tree but if I could be alive and rooted… I’d be a palm tree. People watching, sunsets, a sea breeze blowing through my palms… ok now I’m just day dreaming.
- What is your favorite song? Elle Goulding’s “Burn”. I blast it while I’m driving and it seems to make everything better. There are only like three words in the whole song but I somehow can’t remember anything more than the chorus.
What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? Other people’s cars. They create traffic, which is the bane of my existence. My feet or scooter are my favorites. Maybe I should call my scooter Havana…
- What is the last book you read? Reading or Read? I have been reading Life of Pi for 2 years now, along with 3 other partially complete books. This is on my my personal goals list for the trip. Complete more books. Or I could just let Paul continue to meet my quota, as he manages to read 2-4 books every trip we take.
- If you won $20 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money? Unfortunately a $20MM doesn’t buy much these days. Who can find an island, plane, and yacht for that price tag?! ;)
- If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be? I’d want to be superman. He has all sorts of cool super powers: flying, identity disguise, great physique, a hot girlfriend. The no parents thing kinda sucks though.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? To fly. Not a plane, just jump off my balcony and fly. Paul told me that that’s not within the boundaries of physical limitations. Boo
Who do you like best, your mom or dad? Seriously, that’s like picking your favorite child.
- How many close friends do you have? Enough to stress about a wedding invite list. They keep coupling up and then multiplying.
- What is your favorite body part? Can I pick more than one tooth? I like my teeth, which is why I still wear a very-sexy retainer at 30 and keep floss in my car.
- What smell do you love? Wet brick. It smells much like a fresh rain, but more specific to the city, or my house growing up. I also love the smell of sawdust. It is so strongly connected to my dad and the wonderful nostalgia of his projects around the house or him picking me up from school.
- If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be? Giselle. Do I really need to elaborate… have you seen her instagram?
- If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Swim with sharks. Immortal is the key theme here, right?
- If you were reincarnated as a drink, what would it be? Tequila shot. Fun things always happen when shared with a tequila shot.
- What was the first thing you bought with your own money? A mattress. I still love that mattress.
- The best part of waking up is? Ink coffee and a turkey egg and cheese bagel. I think I’m hungry. Best part is usually sleeping in.